Call Back Request
Start Your Free Online Visa Assessment or Call Now On 0203 675 3675

Change of Employment

Candidates on the Tier 2 visa are able to do a change of employment whilst living in the United Kingdom; however it is important to bare in mind that the process of gaining a Certificate of Sponsorship must be repeated and the candidate will need to be reassessed against the Points Based System.

Carter Vincent Immigration can assist you with every stage of your Work Permit application, contact us and speak to one of our Immigrations specialists or fill out on of our online enquiry forms.

The length of this permit to work within the United Kingdom can be granted for a period anywhere from one day to five years, this is dependent on the time the sponsoring company request.

The length of time which is finally granted is down to the discretion of the Home Office.

Work permits and change of employment applications are seen as temporary visa services, however if a candidate has been continuously living in the UK for over five years, it may be possible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK (ILR) also referred to as permanent residency. After obtaining ILR, it may be possible to apply for UK citizenship by applying for British Naturalization.

Eligibility Criteria
Whatever the position the applicant intends to change, they must meet the NVQ level 3 or above. An applicant interested in applying for a work permit in the UK must fulfil the following criteria:

- A relevant degree.
- A non-relevant degree and 1 year of experience.
- An HND level qualification, which is relevant to the offered position.
- An HND level qualification, which is not relevant to the post on offer plus 1 year of relevant full time work experience at NVQ level 3 and above.

Shortage Occupations
Employers who need to fill a position within their company which is included on the shortage occupation list in the UK, will not need to advertise the position before sponsoring the candidate.

The reason for this is because the particular occupation would be regarded as too difficult to fill from within the United Kingdom and EU work force.

In situations where a position may be on the non shortage list of occupation, then the company offering the position must prove that they have in fact advertised the position for a minimum of 28 days in a trade journal, national broadsheet newspaper, or even a relevant website for the UK and EU workforce.

Multiple Entry Permits
Multiple entry permits are not eligible under the Change of employment rules, for this a brand new application would need to be submitted.


Free assessment on your circumstances by a qualified specialist image
Application preperation & submission image
Dedicated OISC registered case worker image
Unlimited legal advice image
Unlimited face to face consultations image
Fixed fee for all applications image
Multi-lingual support image
Access to the online case management portal image
Regular updates on your case image