Call Back Request
Start Your Free Online Visa Assessment or Call Now On 0203 675 3675

Student Visas

The Study Visa immigration service grants a UK study permit enabling you to study in the UK with a vision of obtaining a recognised qualification. The Student Visa service in itself does not constitute a route to settlement; it does not confer indefinite leave to remain in the UK (ILR) often known as permanent residence and it will not lead to the prospect of becoming a UK citizen through British Naturalisation. However, upon successful completion of your course a student visa may permit you to change to another UK immigration facility without leaving the country. If your course lasts less than 6 months, you may possibly be entitled to enter the country under a UK visit visa, (travel visa or tourist visa).

If your course lasts less than 6 months, you may possibly be entitled to enter the country under a UK visit visa, (travel visa or tourist visa). Studying in the UK under a Student Visa will permit you to embark on limited employment.

There are no set boundaries for a Student Visa for immigration to the UK, nevertheless, visas for students are generally granted for an initial period of 1 year and are determined by the length of course to be studied. In some cases, a study visa extension might be granted by applying for Further Leave to Remain (FLR) where applicants intend to pursue completion of their course with another course of study. You may be able to stay in the UK after your student visa expires by switching to a UK work permit. UK work permits depend on many factors such as a specific offer of employment from a British corporation. You may qualify for the (HSMP) Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, this is a points based immigration visa for migrants with desirable expert skills. Alternatively, an option can be to extend your stay in Britain by a year via the International Graduate Scheme.

Spouse and Dependant Immigration
Spouse immigration is only legitimate for married partners and unlike a Fiance Visa or De-facto Visa (Often known as an unmarried partner visa), your common-law or conjugal partner is not authorised to join you. Married partners will be granted leave to remain for a period equal to that granted to the student. During this period they must be able to support themselves either independently or with the assistance of the applicant.

Unlike a UK Visit Visa, or Travel Visa application, applicants for study permits may take part-time or holiday work but must not engage in the following.

  • Work more than 20 hours a week during term time, excluding holiday periods, unless it is a work placement or part of a study program and the educational establishment agrees.
  • Carry out business, be self-employed, or provide services as a professional.
  • Work full-time in a permanent job.

A UK Student Visa applicant must show that they have been accepted onto a course of study at one of the following institutions

  • A public funded institution of further or higher education (for example a university)
  • A private education institution that maintains adequate records of enrolment and attendance for students and offers courses which lead to legal qualifications recognized by the suitable accreditation bodies.
  • An independent fee-paying institution outside the maintained sector.


Free assessment on your circumstances by a qualified specialist image
Application preperation & submission image
Dedicated OISC registered case worker image
Unlimited legal advice image
Unlimited face to face consultations image
Fixed fee for all applications image
Multi-lingual support image
Access to the online case management portal image
Regular updates on your case image